View Single Post
Old December 10, 2012, 07:19 PM   #1
A find with .45-70 Gov't Brass

Ok I am new to loading for .45-70 Govt. Not to reloading. I bought some Remington brass on Sat., a family friend saved some brass from shooting a gun he wanted to try. He gave it to me for free. I have no doubt that it is once fired. Heck he still had the boxes it came in, with the recipts.

Ok they were two different brands. One was Hornady I already know from reading here that it is shorter so I have that to the side, so I know to readjust my dies before expanding, and seating/crimping. The other was Buffalo Bore. Head stamp says Lever Gun .45-70 Gov't Magnum.

Well the Buffalo Bore stuff uses Small primers. So if you manage to get some of it, and reload on a turret, or progressive you may want to put it to the side, it will need small primers. It is a lot thicker than the Hornady, and R-P brass. Though length of it is spot on with the new Remington brass.

I am not planing on any magnum loads even though I know my Marlin will handle them, I will leave that for people that are on safari.
No matter how many times you do it and nothing happens it only takes something going wrong one time to kill you.
Page generated in 0.04708 seconds with 7 queries