View Single Post
Old December 10, 2012, 01:44 PM   #6
Spammy_H

I'd first of all recommend the powder through expander from powderfunnels.com, and then get the PTX quick change linkage from Midway:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/959...pander-linkage

You can then save a station on your press, and get a separate linkage for each caliber, and keep it with those dies - no need to adjust for expansion for each caliber.

You can then use a single resizing die for 9mm & .380, and then either use a single seating/crimp die for both calibers, and adjust it each time, or get a die for each caliber, set and forget the dies for each caliber.

After researching and doing the math, I ended up getting the powderfunnels.com PTX, a linkage for each caliber, and a die set for each caliber, using the Hornady New Dimension dies.

My rationale was as follows: If you buy 2 dies separately, it was more than the 3 - die set. My Lee dies were too short to adjust well in the LNL AP. The Hornady seating / taper crimp die saved a station so I could add a bullet feeder later, and use a powder check die at the same time. I like the alignment sleeve in their seating/crimp die - good especially if you get a bullet feeder later.

I personally want to set each set of dies up one time per caliber, use a separate powder metering insert per caliber, and PTX linkage per caliber, that way caliber changes are nearly automatic.

I also invested in a second powder measure and case activated linkage for rifle, so I wouldn't have to change out the rotor drum when switching to rifle.

In the long run, it did cost more, but to me the efficiency and exactness of changeovers is key.

Page generated in 0.04030 seconds with 7 queries