View Single Post
Old December 9, 2012, 03:38 PM   #112
FALPhil

I own a CZ455 American. This is the model with the switchable barrels -22LR, 17 HMR, and 22 Mag. I only own the 22LR barrel right now.

I had been shopping for a CZ452 when I ran across this rifle on the used rifle rack at my LGS. The store owner had sold it to the previous owner, who had brought it back saying he couldn't the broad side of a barn with it. Being the tinker I am and knowing that CZ rimfires can be very fussy about ammo, I bought it. Heck, I had to buy it, it was such a good deal.

I also collect vintage US-made Redfield scopes, and I happened to have a 3-9x40 on the bench along with a set of Burris Signature rimfire rings. I mounted these on the rifle. Then, I began collecting different brands of rimfire ammo.

To make a long story short, this rifle, at 50 yards, is an extremely consistent sub-moa shooter with the right ammo. For this rifle, that means Wolf MT and CCI Std Vel. It shoots Remington Target well, except for occaisional fliers. CCI Stingers, Yellow Jackets, and WWB open the groups considerably. Federal bulk is somewhere in between. I have not tried SK yet.

I ended up not doing anything to the rifle other than mounting the scope. The trigger is not as sweet as the CZ set trigger, but it is an acceptable 2-stage. I may put a Yo Dave trigger kit in it, or I may wait for the 455 set trigger to be available.

Page generated in 0.04926 seconds with 7 queries