View Single Post
Old December 9, 2012, 07:02 AM   #32
Mystro

Compared to the legend,...My name would be Elmer Fudd.. I have read everything I could on the man and consider myself a student of his work but choose to use a modern bullet. He dreamed of a 44cal hunting hand gun that shot a 250gr bullet 1200fps. Even though the 44mag can be driven ALOT higher in speed, with today's better bullets, a 1200-1300fps XTP 240gr expanding bullet is about perfect for accuracy and knock down power. You can shoot these all day long and feel great.

I sight my gun in 2" high with a 6 o'clock hold at 30 yards with a 240gr bullet. I like to see what I am hitting and it allows much more versatility in the longer shots. Of course this varies with different weight bullets. With 180-200gr bullets my sights are right over my 30 yard target. This being lighter bullets shoot lower than heavier bullets.

Quote:
Is your name Elmer?

Congrats on the shot.

Did you aim normally and just high or did you raise the front sight? Just curious.
Here is another crafty critter that fell to my S&W M17-3 a few weeks back. This was only a 30yard neck shot but the hyper velocity 22lR put him right down.

"Ask not what you can do for your country, but what free entitlements you can bleed from your country"

Last edited by Mystro; December 9, 2012 at 07:18 AM.

Page generated in 0.04722 seconds with 7 queries