View Single Post
Old December 7, 2012, 09:11 PM   #8
rclark

I do like .44Spec because it is all I'll ever need in a .44. I load mine with 240 SWCs to around 1000fps for general shooting. Yet I can get to 1200fps if 'ever' needed. The flattop .44Spec BH is a bit smaller Single Action than the large frame BH/SBH which makes for good pack'n revolver. Just right in fact... Guess that is why I own a few. If there is a need for the 'big' animal (T-Rex?), I can always move up to one of my .45 Colt BHs. And the .44Spec in the CA Bulldog makes for a good bore-bore CC for town.... No, I've settled on .44Spec and .45 Colt for my big bore shoot'n... Just fits me. Do I own .44Mag BHs? Yep... But they don't see much field/range time any more. Same with the peanut .357 SA revolvers. Guess it's a personal thing. .
A clinger. When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. Single Action .45 Colt (Sometimes improperly referred to by its alias as the .45 'Long' Colt or .45LC). Don't leave home without it. Ok.... the .44Spec is growing on me ... but the .45 Colt is still king.

Page generated in 0.04349 seconds with 7 queries