I have several real good carry guns.
1. 3 inch 65 'Ladysmith', bead blasted, red insert front sight, Ahrends grips, my own action job..
2. 2 1/2 M66-3 Combat Magnum, Secret Service stocks, my own action job.
3. 2 3/4 Speed Six, Secret Service stocks, Ruger DAO hammer, and my own action job.
4. 3 inch GP-100, S&W front sight (bit thicker and taller than standard), Secret Service stocks, and again my own action job.
5. S&W 640 (.38 Spl.), red insert front sight, Secret Service stocks, my own action job, and it is my first CCW when CHL started here in Texas.
But sadly I pack a Glock 27... yes I've lost my marbles but I'm a fool for snub revolvers.
Any of the above will do fine. The 2 1/2 Combat Magnum the easiest to pack. The 3 inch GP the one you can load the meanest ammo in. But all of '3m are excellent. I suggest Buffalo Bore 158gr LSWHP .38s (honest velocity from my Speed Six is 1100 fps!)
"The government has confiscated all of our rights and is selling them back to us in the form of permits."