Thread: Good ol Walmart
View Single Post
Old December 7, 2012, 07:52 AM   #20
Baba Louie

Quote:
You don't want anything that will shoot through walls and accidentally kill someone in the house or apartment next door.
Perhaps even a lowly .22lr can do damage beyond thru gyp bd or a window, as can a stream of #8 lead dust. But I hear ya StukaJu.
Quote:
1. You aren't going to war and burglars don't wear body armor.
I shall opine that in the event someone invades my house, war came to me, albeit a very small one. If what I read is true, some hooligans are now wearing such for some planned home invasions. Your typical day to day opportunistic teen age burglar, probably not. YMMV
Quote:
Try reading the figures on how many bullets it takes our soldiers to kill just one enemy soldier. Our soldiers are better armed and better trained then any home owner will ever be and even they have a hard time hitting their targets.
Hmmm. Maybe yes, maybe no. It may be some home owners are former military? Covering fire round counts might alter kill ratios in combat?

Soldiers are armed with what they are issued. You and I have choices. Same is true with training. But I digress from the OP's Box Store employee conversation.

Anything in way of firearm is better than nothing, and training, which we all preach is a good thing, is not something Joe Average gun buying for the first time citizen might even consider or be aware of, truth be told.

Life is like that.

Page generated in 0.04174 seconds with 7 queries