View Single Post
Old December 6, 2012, 09:30 PM   #16
44 AMP
I have two of them, both standard models. Would love to get a target model. Like all the .22 autos I've had, or shot, they are picky about the ammo. They may only shoot one brand/load well, or they may shoot all but one brand/load well. Each one is an individual, or so it seems.

MY first one runs well, is fun to shoot, and has nicely hand checkered grips, (done by a friend of mine).

My second one was in a local shop, where they said they tried to use it as a range rental gun, but it was a jam-o-matic. I bought it anyway ($140, IIRC), and sure enough the first mag I shot, it jammed a few times. Then I OILED it, and it ran like a fine sewing machine.

They are true Lugers, in the legal sense, but share only a resemblance to the P.08, and are not a precise copy of the mechanism.

I recently obtained a NIB (unfired) stainless steel Luger, made in the USA, marked Stoeger and Luger. and yes, its a 9mm, P.08 clone.

The Erma guns were not great. Not total junk, but not great. They used a large amount of alloy parts, and have a reputation for failing. And repair parts are non-existant. Besides the .22, they made a neat 3/4 scale Luger in .380ACP. I passed on one of those at a show recently, due to concerns over its durability, and mostly because it was outrageously priced.
All else being equal (and it almost never is) bigger bullets tend to work better.
Page generated in 0.04165 seconds with 7 queries