View Single Post
Old December 6, 2012, 03:34 PM   #36
I like spending time reloading so I tend to question the value of doing things just to "save time". If I save too much time with my reloading I'll just end up doing something less fun with all that extra time.

Sometimes it seems like prepping brass is my "real" hobby

I use a single stage Hornady LNL for doing .45 auto. It takes me about 10 to 15 minutes to load 50 rounds, but my brass is already de-primed, cleaned, sized, primed and flared. It just a matter of pulling 50 cases out of a ziplock bag, placing them in a loading tray, charging the cases, checking for uncharged or double-charged cases, setting the bullets on top and running them through the press. Occasionally, I'll run them through a Lee FCD die as well but that's not the norm.

I use a Lee Pro 1000 for my 9mm and .40 S&W loads. I just haven't been real happy (yet) with how the .45 stuff comes off. However, the progressive makes it possible to crank out lots of re-sized, primed and flared 45 cases with very little effort, and you don't have to keep an eagle eye on powder drops or spills or splash.
The most feared gun control law proposal: Require buyers to register all gun purchases with their wives
Page generated in 0.03380 seconds with 7 queries