View Single Post
Old December 4, 2012, 11:21 PM   #30
hornetguy

I wanted a compact 4X scope on my 1895 SS, but didn't want to spend a huge amount on it... I had heard some good things about Tru-Glo scopes, so I thought I'd give one a whirl. I put a 4X32 Compact on mine. It has a diamond shaped reticle that I was not terribly enthusiastic about when considering buying it, but I figured that it would be ok for quick acquisition type shooting, such as would llikely happen when hunting hogs.
I've really enjoyed this scope. I am pleased with the clarity of it, and the apparent toughness of it. Granted, I haven't done any torture testing of it yet... I've only put about 150-200 rounds through it, at moderate velocities, but it's performed flawlessly. I can consistently get 1 1/4" groups at 100yds with it, off sandbags, of course. At 50yds it's almost one-hole.
The diamond reticle pretty much frames the bull of the target at 100yds, so it works out ok. Not great for precision target work, but more than adequate for any type of hunting for which this rifle is suited.

The scope is nice, clear, and pretty rugged.. all for way less than a hundred bucks.

Page generated in 0.04134 seconds with 7 queries