View Single Post
Old December 4, 2012, 09:17 PM   #1
Stringfellow

Worst Firearm Fail Ever!!!

We are not talking "kaboom" kind of fail, but it is still a fail of monumental proportions. This is just wrong on so many levels, that I don't even know where to begin....

I decided that I needed to own all of my favorite James Bond movies, so among others, I bought the Special Edition 2000 version of You Only Live Twice. The front cover of the DVD case looked normal, but I about gagged when I viewed the liner notes inside. What is wrong with this picture:

How could someone make such a mistake? The pistol wasn't even invented until ~20 years after the movie. Let alone a Hi Point or Jennings might be some of the only pistols Bond would be less likely to carry.

But it continues...

As far as I can tell, this is a CZ75, with its beveled slide, flat ribbed top, and internal guide rod. Still an anachronism for a movie made in 1967.

And finally this. Once again a Glock. But for you Bond fans, you will recognize this much older Bond from "Never Say Never Again".

We all know about Friday/Monday guns, but maybe this applies to movie art as well. I swear--it must have been "summer intern time" at MGM studios.

I haven't actually watched the movie, so I assume that these mistake were limited to the artwork. Besides, I didn't see George Lucas' name anywhere on the credits, so it is unlikely the movie was botched.

Last edited by Stringfellow; December 4, 2012 at 09:22 PM.

Page generated in 0.04442 seconds with 7 queries