View Single Post
Old December 2, 2012, 02:41 PM   #99
OuTcAsT

Quote:
In the final analysis, it is the defender's objective to stay unhurt and to protect his family, using deadly force effectively as a last resort only when it becomes necessary.
I agree, I'm pretty sure everyone will agree to that statement.

Quote:
That means not exposing himself to fire.
Pretty sure everyone agrees with this as well.

Quote:
It also means that his objective is not to figure out how to best engage and shoot the guy somewhere in the house because he has entered.
No doubt, I don't think anyone implied otherwise. However, everyone should have in mind some plans to defend themselves, and their families if it becomes necessary.

Quote:
BTW, if you have the facilities, have someone put some targets on the other side of a wall and start shooting through the door. Count the hits.
I have, and the results were surprising. I got more hits than I imagined I would. YMMV

Quote:
Then have two or three people engage a person who is half exposed, using simunitons, paint-ball, or Airsoft. I think you'll give up on that strategy. One or more of the intruders may get hit, but that's not what's important.
Have been in this position many times in airsoft, and paintball. Sometimes it works out, others, not so much. As I said earlier, I know what the experts say, I have read and I agree with most of their (and your) points. I am merely saying that given the OP's situation, I would feel comfortable with defending the stairway. There is no "right" or "wrong" answer to this, just differing opinions.

Does not morality imply the last clear chance? - WildAlaska -

Page generated in 0.04421 seconds with 7 queries