View Single Post
Old December 2, 2012, 10:06 AM   #14
I make no claims to being a great pistolero, and I am increasing my years (thankfully) but my handgun buying and shooting trend definitely bucks the future. Revolvers are slowly all but dying out. Nevertheless, these days I have fewer semi-autos than ever and even shoot my double-action revolvers much less. I use and shoot single-action revolvers almost exclusively except when it comes to light self defense snubbies and pistols. I know my choices are archaic and celebrate the fact. I have nothing at all against semi-autos or polymer-framed handguns. It's just that I have too little time left on this earth to waste it on things that hold little interest for me and taking that time from things that do. So, I make what I like to shoot work for my defense, rather than make my choices based solely on my defense. If I'm going to protect my life, I want the life I protect to be the one I want to live and not be completely driven by events or trends or fear. I'd rather be skilled with an archaic weapon than merely somewhat competent with a more modern weapon I don't enjoy using. I would never expect someone else to follow that line of reasoning.

Use it up. Wear it out. Make it do, or do without.
Page generated in 0.07201 seconds with 7 queries