View Single Post
Old December 1, 2012, 12:50 PM   #12
603Country

No, Brian, you can't have a Ferrari (at least not from me). Mr Guffey, it sounds like you are partial resizing. BartB, yes this has been cussed and discussed prior to this, but this is something that I want to do just for me. Most of the reason is the difference between what I think (or did think) about case sizing and accuracy, versus my present thinking or wondering about it, which was modified by what you've said on the forum - it being best to just FL size. Undoubtedly you are far more qualified to say what works best, but I'm not the kind of guy that will just take somebody's word for it. I just have to see for myself. Just gotta. Plus that gives me a good reason to do a lot of shooting. Now maybe my gear won't allow me to come to a conclusion, leaving me with data that tells me nothing. But...what you've said in the past, combined with something that happened in some recent reloads for my 260, have shaken my belief in neck and partial resizing. I had some new 260 cases from Nosler. I prepped them, as I usually do, and decided to shoot them and fireform them and then neck them for later use. I loaded them up with my normal favorite load and shot some really great groups with what I consider to be a finicky rifle (real light, not floated or bedded). Then I took the newly fireformed cases and I COULD NOT shoot a group that was as good as the new cases had allowed. That shook my thinking up.

So now it's my desire (my personal need) to see what works best, or at least what's best for me. I'm going to use the same 50 cases (assuming that they last throughout the test) and shoot 5 shot groups with those cases resized in several ways until I think I have an answer. Unfortunately, the limitations of me and my rifle might cause me to come up with a lot of powder and bullets gone and no definitive answer. But...we'll see. And I'll order that collet die on Monday, if the local gunshop doesn't have one. I wonder what the final answer is going to be.

I'm not trying to prove anybody right or wrong, and I'm not trying to be argumentative. This is just one of those things that I need to work out for myself. I'm an engineer. I need data.

Page generated in 0.04390 seconds with 7 queries