View Single Post
Old November 30, 2012, 09:25 PM   #37
cuba

I don't believe that MIM should be a concern when manufactured by Taurus Forgas as they are known as one of the leaders in MIM technology in the world, if you are really concerned about Mim steel parts and they make you nervous you shouldn't fly on a plane because as I understand it most of the jet engine parts are made througth MIM process, as far as the longevety of the fire control MIM parts on the PT1911 I can testify that under magnification and after over 19K round through my PT1911 I can not detect any excessive where, I even have the original extractor on my PT1911. The PT1911 is a very good rendition of the 1911A1 with all the modern features, and is not any larger then any other true 1911, but it is also not melded as the Kimber 1911 either, also it will accept just about any after market part manufactured for the 1911's in todays market, Venom I think you need to check on your source concerning MIM parts in the Ruger SR1911 because I believe that it comes slap full of MIM, these are the feature that come stock with the PT1911.
Full length guide rod & reverse plug
Serrated slide rear and front
Checkered 30-lpi trigger guard
Checkered 30-lpi mainspring housing
Checkered 30-lpi frontstrap
Ambidextrous safety
Beavertail grip safety with memory pad
Skeleton serrated trigger
Trigger job
Custom fit barrel (air-gauged bushing)
Custom slide to frame fit
Polished feedramp and barrel throat