View Single Post
Old November 30, 2012, 07:33 PM   #34
Venom1956

Ok glad we got that sorted out. It wasn't intended as a slight. Now for questions.

ok, Cuba which features do u feel set the Pt1911 above is competitors? Simply curious. I do agree normally I would prefer a forged frame but a properly cast frame on a 1911 can be just as good I believe Caspians railed frame is one such example. I would sacrifice a forged frame for less MIM in the internals personally. Such as the Ruger for example.

MIM makes me nervous because it seems to have less tolerance when improperly made.

@Officer's Match, since you've had numerous 1911s did the Pt1911 frame feel larger then the norm? That was one thing that I really noticed when holding it. it felt oversized and unfinished compared to the other 1911s at the shop. A kimber of some sort and 2 springers.

Another reason I'd find it hard to recommend a Taurus is their QC apparently both of you have fantastic 1911s which I do not doubt. But every single Taurus firearm I have encountered has had some sort of major issue usually resulting in an unsafe or non functional firearm. I believe the count is up to five now? I know others have great luck with them but I do not hence why my views differ.
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph.

Page generated in 0.05295 seconds with 7 queries