View Single Post
Old November 30, 2012, 12:28 PM   #133
Gaerek

Quote:
No. But I don't carry a BB gun, a Hammerli, or an Anschutz. Those are not designed to be used as weapons.

And honestly there are cases where I will not use the term "weapon" even when it is a gun designed for use as a weapon.

The number one reason is it's usually it's not specific enough- that goes without saying- weapon could 100 different things. "My Remington model 11" is more specific- although my son referred to it as an A-5 last week.

The second reason is I don't feel "weapon" is a suitable term for what boy scouts and cub scouts are training with. Or any other children for that matter. Their mommies will away with their precious little babies in tow. And their babies will stay that way until we see them in an Occupy Wall Street rally, where they have developed into big babies.

IMO, the only way the fight for the Second Amendment will be won is to bring as many people as possible into shooting, not in logical debates with "anti-gunners". In that case, the "W" word turns a lot of people away, and just isn't necessary.
This is still pandering the the uninformed. I'm not advocating only used the term, or using it all. All I'm trying to say is, a gun is a weapon. The handgun you carry on your hip, is a weapon. All guns (regardless of their actual designed use) have their roots in other guns that were used as weapons.

Again, I don't really use the term when referring to guns of any kind usually, but it still doesn't change the fact that guns are weapons. To say they are not weapons (not saying you're saying this, mainly for the OP who wants to change the term) is a big fat lie.

Page generated in 0.04404 seconds with 7 queries