View Single Post
Old November 29, 2012, 12:43 PM   #122
nate45

RULE II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY

Conspicuously and continuously violated, especially with pistols, Rule II applies whether you are involved in range practice, daily carry, or examination. If the weapon is assembled and in someone's hands, it is capable of being discharged. A firearm holstered properly, lying on a table, or placed in a scabbard is of no danger to anyone.

http://thefiringline.com/Misc/safetyrules.html

Target firearms are target weapons. Hunting firearms are hunting weapons. Self Defense firearms are self defense weapons. ALL firearms are weapons, every single one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Pfleuger
The trouble is not in calling a firearm something besides a weapon. In fact, I'm not sure I ever use the word weapon in that context. The trouble is in claiming that a firearm ISN'T a weapon.

You can call it a gun, firearm, piece, roscoe, peacemaker, revolver, pistol, handgun... uhg, even platform, I suppose, probably quite a few other names too but whatever name you use, it's STILL...

a weapon.
Its like those trying to claim a firearm is a tool and not a weapon. They are partially right, all firearms are tools, however tool is synonymous with weapon. Saying a firearm is not a tool, would be just as erroneous as saying a firearm isn't a weapon.

If an individual does not want to use the term weapon to describe firearms, thats their perogative and I support they're right not to. However, if someone tries to insist that ALL firearms are not weapons, they are just plain wrong, mistaken, incorrect, off track, misguided, misinformed and they are barking up the wrong tree.

Page generated in 0.05169 seconds with 7 queries