View Single Post
Old November 29, 2012, 10:33 AM   #2
nate45

I know I have a dozen or so boxes of different brands and weights of 7mm projectiles. I've tried many of them on coyotes, hogs, javelina and White-tail deer over the years, but I really like the 160 grain Nosler Partition, its my favorite. It works well on everything I've shot and probably would work even on Elk, but I've never shot one with it, so thats only a guess.

My current 7mm Rem Mag is a Sako 75 Stainless Synthetic. I load 63.5 grains of H4631SC and CCI Magnum primer, with the 160 grain Nosler Partition. I believe my ready to go hunting rounds are in Norma brass, although I also have Win, Rem and Federal too.

Accuracy is sub-MOA, but I don't worry about tiny groups much in a hunting rifle. As long as every time I verify the scope is still in adjustment, the first two shots are within an 1.5" of each other at 100 yards I'm happy. Usually both shots are nearly touching each other. I quit shooting after that. I've never had to shoot anything twice with a 160 grain Nosler Partition and don't expect to ever have to either. If I do need a second shot, it'll be right there though, just in case.

Page generated in 0.04515 seconds with 7 queries