View Single Post
Old November 28, 2012, 08:48 PM   #7
I can't advise on the guns you mentioned but I do like 9mm rifles. I have a marlin camp carbine that I bought used about 5 years ago off GB for $286 total. I drove to the gunshop and picked it up so I saved the shipping.

I think these light kicking little rifles make excellent HD guns. Mine takes model 59 mags and I have a model 915 I bought for less than a $100 that came with three 15 round mags. Plus I have 3 20 round mags. I can hold off attackers for a long while.

But seriously these are fun guns to shoot. My buddies son killed his first deer with a Marlin CC at about 45 yards. He said it ran about 40 yards and dropped. They never lost sight of the deer.

At my buddies house he has a pond in the front that has a 4" post on the far side (about 95 yards) that used to have a catfish feeder on it. We ring that post shooting off hand and its easy to get 8 out of 10 hits. And the misses are real close. And that bullet slaps that post pretty hard at that range. This round should be effective to a least 150 yards for defense.
A village in Kenya called. They want their idiot back.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"... Albert Einstein
Page generated in 0.04498 seconds with 7 queries