View Single Post
Old November 28, 2012, 01:14 AM   #66
spanishjames

Quote:
My option was left out:

*** I have no fear and have when I want or need too but I can't do it blindfolded.
Where were you when I was trying to come up with different options for the poll? I like that answer too.

I recently picked up a used Taurus 94 that had a loose cylinder release latch. It didn't affect its function, so I bought it anyway, thinking I could fix whatever was wrong with it. It turned out to be a missing spring which keeps forward tension on the latch. Judging by the condition of the screws, someone must've taken off the side plate and lost the spring. I bought a small spring and JB welded a post to the bolt that the spring goes onto. It turned out way better than I thought it would.

The first revolver I took apart was a Ruger SP101, and I launched a tiny plunger into the middle of my messy basement. I still can't believe I found it. I also don't routinely take any revolver apart for cleaning. I might dissassemble it out of curiosity when new, or like the Taurus, if I wan't to fix something.

The Taurus I wouldn't be afraid to take apart again. The Ruger, I'd do with my hands and the trigger assembly in a ziplock bag.

Page generated in 0.04816 seconds with 7 queries