View Single Post
Old November 27, 2012, 12:40 PM   #34
K_Mac

Quote:
I know that when I went through the NRA instructor course for the Boy Scouts, it was pounded in our heads that "weapons" were not permitted, but firearms, guns, and rifle was okay.
An interesting point. If a rampaging raccoon was dispatched with a rifle at Boy Scout camp then that same rifle has become a weapon. A gun has the potential for use either defensively or offensively, and is then by definition a weapon.

Twobit I agree that this is a good thread, and think you also make an interesting point. I appreciate your input.

I think that in most conversation weapon is a perfectly acceptable word when discussing firearms. For those of us who understand our right to keep and bear arms there is no denying it is guns as weapons that is central to the 2A; for those who believe all guns are evil and should be illegal, it doesn't matter what you call them.

"If you let "need" be a requirement and Government be the arbiter of that "need", then Liberty is as dead as King Tut." Jimbob86

Page generated in 0.05249 seconds with 7 queries