View Single Post
Old November 27, 2012, 01:26 AM   #88
Sarge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda
10mm has a flatter trajectory, you can potentially shoot farther accurately... I am more comfortable out to 100 yds with my 10mm than my 45. Criminals are more a concern for me than cougars and black bears which up close either caliber will do but a criminal with a rifle is a problem outdoors.

"My little batch of reloads was depleting so I sorted out five more, this time in nickel Federal cases, and moved my hunting chair back to the 100 yard line. I used the top six inches of the box as an aiming point, crossed my legs and used my left knee as a rest as I fired from a seated position. I lost one round off the left edge of the box, but the four I didn’t flub made a nice little cluster right in the middle of the box."

Missouri Bullet’s 225 grain Flathead for the .45 Auto
“Nine-tenths of tactics are certain, and taught in books: but the irrational tenth is like the kingfisher flashing across the pool, and that is the test of generals. It can only be ensured by instinct, sharpened by thought practicing the stroke so often that at the crisis it is as natural as a reflex.” ~ T. E. Lawrence

Page generated in 0.09876 seconds with 7 queries