View Single Post
Old November 26, 2012, 07:42 PM   #7
Revoliver

Get a Ruger M77 Hawkeye Tactical in .308. I just picked mine up about 2 weeks ago and LOVE it. It is a 20" heavy barrel with 1:10 twist and comes threaded with Ruger's birdcage flash hider on it, ruger's 1" diameter scope mounting rings and a Harris tilt bipod. I particularly favor Ruger products and especially love their bolt and safety. If you decide to get a scope that is either larger than 42mm bell or 1" tube you can call ruger and trade for the mounting rings that will accomodate the scope for free. Ruger also has a lifetime warranty.

(I replaced the birdcage flash hider with a Vortex flash hider, also the bipod in the pic is a Harris non tilt one, the tilt one I have since put back on.)

For a scope I went with a Redfield Revolution 4-12x40. Redfield's been reborn by Leupold and is made in the same plant along side Leupolds and are excellent scopes (at least mine is) while being affordable and still offering Leupold's 'no questions asked' repair policy. I also went with the Accu-range reticle, and even though I have yet to do the ballistics charts for the reticle range holdover marks, I love the smaller circle around the center of the crosshairs.

Redfield also has a $30 rebate going on right now.

Rifle (plus all that comes with it): $843
Scope: $219 (will be $189 after rebate)
Total cost (including shipping but not FFL): $1,062
($1, 032 after rebate)

Last edited by Revoliver; November 26, 2012 at 08:10 PM.

Page generated in 0.04608 seconds with 7 queries