View Single Post
Old November 26, 2012, 05:17 PM   #8
spacemanspiff

Been a few years since I dusted off my internet-law-degree. Its my belief that if I am justified to use deadly force on someone committing a violent act, I am also justified to detain them, and its my personal creed that every attempt shall be made by myself to exhaust nonlethal use of force options, if feasible in that situation.

So, my states laws say I am justified to use deadly force to stop an arson of a dwelling or occupied building, carjacking (either as first party or third party), sexual assault, kidnapping, and robbery, in addition to the threat of serious injury or death to myself or to someone else.

However, if it is a trespass, or theft of property/services, the law states I can use nondeadly force. Holding a trespasser or thief at gunpoint would not be justifiable by my interpretation of my states laws.

Page generated in 0.04740 seconds with 7 queries