View Single Post
Old November 26, 2012, 03:15 PM   #1

Going to do a little inline experiment

I bought a TC Encore this past summer and was more interested in getting the 280 Rem. sighted in rather than the 50 cal muzzle stuffer. Now, I'm interested. I have tried Hornady full bores, SST's, and Barnes TMZ's. Let me say, it's way more expensive than reloading rifle cartridges. One can send a small fortune down their barrel with every pull of the trigger. I have had decent groups with the SST's and Barnes but I know that I should be able to do better than a baseball sized group at 100 yards. So, because I want to shoot.........and I'm cheap.........I started looking for a more economical to shoot more and more often. In short, I just ordered some Hornady .430 265 gr FTX ( the Lever Revolution stuff ) and some Hornady bulk sabots. Yep, 50 of each for 33 bucks.......way better than 30 bucks for 24 Barnes TMZ's. The bullet is actually made for a 444 Marlin but, it's this size I need for the sabot I have available and the flex tip to me is really no different than any other ballistic tip. I know this is a stretch but, has anyone else tried their own bullet sabot combo that is a little off the norm? What did you try? What results did you have? Suggestions? Oh and I can't wait to post the results.......unless they suck....in which case I will probably delete my post as I tuck my tail betwix my legs.

Deer are amazing creatures....so please don't burn the sauteed onions and I'll pass on the steak sauce, thank you.

Page generated in 0.04460 seconds with 7 queries