View Single Post
Old November 26, 2012, 07:03 AM   #46
DASHZNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0sewood View Post
I didn't read all of the post thoroughly above, so if I repeat something you have tried, just ignore it.

You have checked to make sure the cases are not too long? Trimmed to correct length?

Will a resized case chamber if there is no bullet in it? And not close if a bullet is seated? This could be the neck wall of the brass is too thick which could be very dangerous if you were able to get it to chamber causing excessive pressures as it doesn't have enough room to release the bullet if the chamber neck is too tight. If you have a caliper, check the outsize diameter of the case neck on a resized case and on a factory case and compare. If the resized case is larger, that could be the problem.

Have you tried calling the die manufacturer? They are usually a big help.
Im using a case resized with no bullet... its nonsense to seat a bullet in a case if its not resized properly in the first place. The cases im usine vary from 2.000 to 2.008 which is more than within spec. I might measure it later on, Im just laying on the sofa right now as im totally fed up with this $hit!

Also, I plan on calling the manufacturer in the morning to see what they have to say. With my luck they'll pass the buck onto Remington or something which clearly is not the case here... I think we can all agree that the die is not doing its job.

Furthermore, the brass fired out if this rifle that chambers fine, once I reload and fire that again, will eventually need to have the neck knocked back and I dont see this die doing that to any brass currently in that state so it surely wont do it those either.

DASHZNT

Page generated in 0.03987 seconds with 7 queries