View Single Post
Old November 25, 2012, 07:19 PM   #122
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
Going in that direction, eh?
Is your goal merely to defend your opinion regardless of the facts or is it to inform yourself and others via the tool of constructive debate?

If it's the latter, then why would you be offended by the suggestion that you inform yourself on the topic at hand given that such a suggestion is fully consistent with your own goal?

If it's the former, then what's the point of my continuing? Nothing I say will change your mind if you are unconcerned with the facts and indend to do/say anything you can think of to defend your opinion.
Quote:
As I stated in an earlier post, it is the Buy American Act. Also, do not forget what "History" has shown and taught us with the Browning Auto 5 produced by FN Herstal. Germany seized and occupied Belgium during WWII, therfore Browning had to turn to Remington for production of the Auto 5.
If you're talking about the initial competition and the selection of Beretta, all of the competitors were either required to have production facilities in the U.S. or be willing to rapidly establish production facilities in the U.S. in the event that they had won the competition. No competitor who didn't meet that requirement was even allowed to enter the competition, and therefore, it was not a factor in which entrant was ultimately selected since all of them met the same requirement in that respect.

If you're talking about the current state of affairs, Glock now has production facilities in GA and is selling made in the U.S. pistols, so they would be eligible for any future competitions--at least in that particular respect.

Page generated in 0.04245 seconds with 7 queries