View Single Post
Old November 24, 2012, 09:04 PM   #97
Brian Pfleuger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Billy
If one doesn't want to say anything that constitutes a position, the most sensible and economic way to do so is to say nothing at all.

Indeed, and that's exactly my point. I never said you'd have to explicitly say you're accepting donations from every group, you just DO. Being neutral means keeping your mouth shut.

That's the definition of "neutral".

You are arguing the exact opposite, that specifically excluding certain groups is somehow neutral.

Taking donations from any group is not "taking all positions", it is taking NO positions.

Their statement says:

WWP does not co-brand, create cause marketing campaigns or receive a percentage or a portion of proceeds from companies in which the product or message is sexual, political or religious in nature, or from alcohol or firearms companies.

By your own words, that is NOT neutral!

My mind is quite open, thank you. Until this blow up, I frequently mentioned, recommended and commended the WWP. Unfortunately, it is clear that I should have looked further than their commercials.
Simply converting to your opinion is not the definition of open minded. Being open minded means being open to considering all the facts. Once those facts are considered and a choice has been made it's not time to be "open minded" anymore, it's time to make a decision.
-The Architect
-----
He is no fool who gives what he can not keep to gain what he can not lose.
-Jim Eliott, paraphrasing Philip Henry.

Page generated in 0.04455 seconds with 7 queries