View Single Post
Old November 23, 2012, 07:34 AM   #9
Double Naught Spy
The real problem is, predicting when it will die. ..
I Sharpie the install date on mine. They use the coin-sized battery. On my HD Aimpoint, I change it every couple of years. It should go 5, but this way I am not worried about predicting which it will fail. It costs me a buck or so to make the switch.

The others will get changed around 4 years, though they will probably last beyond that given the units do get turned off once in a while. Once again, I should not have to predict when the batts will die since I will be changing them early.

For folks doing stuff like hunting, I don't see the problem in carrying a spare if it is a mission-critical item. I also don't understand the OP's comment...

Mine just died - or at least the batteries died. I can't seem to find the box I have the spares in. I do have a scope, but with only 3 more days in the season up here, I know both my neighbors are out in the woods too, and so I don;t really want to sight in a rifle and drive everything away.
On what unit does changing the batteries require sighting in the red dot unit again?
"If you look through your scope and see your shoe, aim higher." -- said to me by my 11 year old daughter before going out for hogs 8/13/2011
My Hunting Videos
Page generated in 0.10807 seconds with 7 queries