View Single Post
Old November 22, 2012, 12:11 PM   #49
feets

I get a kick out of the 44 mag tillthedayIdie guys. You've all seen the 44 vs 45 Colt posts. They get fiestier than the 9 mm vs 45 ACP posts. They get so annoying that I don't even want to read them. Either caliber can send a projectile clean through a small moon. In doing so, they will prove themselves to be more of a man than the guy holding the gun.
The .429 is a fine round but it's not a 44 caliber and should not be advertised as such. However, that statement alone is enough to send 44 fans into a tizzy and get me labeled as a hater. Still, they named it a 44 so that's what it's called.

You can also twist this thread into Glock fanboys vs the world but that's a deep dark hole we shouldn't get into. Like the 44 vs 45 thing no good will come of it.

When it comes to the typical Ford vs Chevy battle I find myself a Mopar fan.

I have no interest in fad or fashion. The hot trinket is seldom on my list of must haves. I like what works for me. Long ago I found a grip that makes a 1911 feel like an old friend. Since then, I started using 45 calibers just so I could keep the bullet selection simple while reloading. That blossomed into 45 Colt, 454 Casull, and 460 S&W. Despite that selection of big bores I still carry a 642 in 38 spl. It's all a matter of convenience.

I guess it's time to start another thread about gun store Rangers and how they know far more about what works for you without knowing anything about you.

Page generated in 0.04613 seconds with 7 queries