View Single Post
Old November 21, 2012, 09:37 PM   #31
Spats McGee
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbooksta
No: This is true only if opponents and proponents share the same utility function. I believe that's unlikely, and the preamble to this thread asked it to be assumed for the purposes of discussion.
Wait a minute. You "asked it to be assumed for the purposes of discussion," but then your response is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbooksta
No: This is true only if opponents and proponents share the same utility function.
If you've asked "for X to be true for purposes of discussion," you can't very well complain if my statement is true "only if X is true."

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding utility function, but I'd be curious as to the basis for your belief. My belief is that I want to own guns, and that the anti-gun folks want me not to be able to.

I would be glad to have some of the NFA items return to an unregulated state. However, I see no practical way that "trading" magazine capacities away will achieve that.

If you ever have a real need for more than a couple of magazines, your problem is not a shortage of magazines. It's a shortage of people on your side of the argument. -- Art Eatman

Last edited by Spats McGee; November 21, 2012 at 09:50 PM.

Page generated in 0.04564 seconds with 7 queries