View Single Post
Old November 20, 2012, 05:23 PM   #14
5.56RifleGuy

Just got back from the range.

Today I was able to shoot about 175 rounds through this nice little gun, with few issues at all.

I have to say, for such a small gun, it isn't to bad to shoot. I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of felt recoil. It handled about like a Glock 26 in my opinion. Recoil may be a little stiffer. It felt a hell of a lot better than the PF9 that I shot.

Accuracy was excellent with this little gun. I had a far more experienced shooter try it out and with his first 7 shots at seven, he got about 1 1/2 inch group. Three or four of those shots were touching. The first two practically went through the same hole.

I, however, am not that good of a shot, but the handgun grouped easily in the 2 to 3 inch range. It was my intent to get a picture towards the end, but I found that I was shaking pretty badly after the first 150 shots, and it wouldn't have been worth posting. Next time I will take some pictures at the beginning.

The ammo I shot was as follows:

100 rounds Winchester White Box 115g from Walmart
50 rounds of Remington UMC 115g
25 rounds of 147g Remington golden saber

The WWB worked great. Everyone went bang on the first shot. The pistol fed very reliably. The only issue I had was I had the mag pop out about 5 shots into a magazine, but I am 99.9% sure I had hit the magazine release button by accident. On one of the last few magazines I had the gun run through the first five rounds and then failed to feed. When I pulled the mag out of the gun, I saw that the 2 remaining rounds seemed to have bound up in the magazine. A stiff tap on the bench sent them back into place and they ran through the gun with ease. This did not happen again.

The UMC ammo worked fine. About the same as the WWB.

With the Golden Saber ammo, I had one failure to feed out of 25. It was easily remedied by pulling the slide back and letting it go. The round went into the chamber and fired, along with the rest of the magazine. I want to get some other types of defense ammo and try them with this pistol, before I make it a carry gun.

Overall I am very happy with the performance of this pistol. It is pleasurable to shoot (at least for a 100 rounds or so) and very accurate. The trigger break is nice and predictable, and the trigger pull smooth. I tested both magazines, and both worked as advertised.

I will update again and get some pictures next time I take it out, however, I don't think there will be any surprises.

Thanks!

Page generated in 0.04405 seconds with 7 queries