View Single Post
Old November 20, 2012, 08:22 AM   #8
TunnelRat

Quote:
I like a consistent trigger pull, from the very first round to the very last round.
I shoot better with a consistent trigger pull.

And everyone I know shoots better with a consistent trigger pull.
I think people need to look up the definition of consistent. It's not like you pull the trigger and sometimes it will be 10 lbs and then randomly will be 4.5 lbs and vice versa. It IS consistent. The first DA pull is always heavier. The SA pulls are always lighter. This fact doesn't change. It is consistent. What you want is the same weight with each pull. Consistent has nothing to do with it.

Quote:
That's why you don't see the DA/SA system on rifles. People know that it's just as good as that consistent trigger pull crap, they're just afraid to try something different.
On a pistol with a nice, smooth DA pull (which I admit not all DA/SA pistols have) my first shot will go right where I am aiming. Why? I've used this system for over a year straight. The way people talk about how "inaccurate" a DA pull is makes me wonder how anyone was ever killed by a DA revolver. They must have had to be 3 feet apart.

Quote:
That's why you don't see the DA/SA system on rifles. People know that it's just as good as that consistent trigger pull crap, they're just afraid to try something different.
Last I looked most rifles had manual safeties, not aware of too many with a trigger dingus.

As for accuracy, check out a little guy named Jerry Miculek. All those DA pulls and still accurate. Must be hacking.

Last edited by TunnelRat; November 20, 2012 at 08:33 AM.

Page generated in 0.05275 seconds with 7 queries