View Single Post
Old November 18, 2012, 09:09 AM   #19
PawPaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jproaster
So am I gonna shoot that much 308 bolt to justify reloading it?
That's a question only you can answer. However, the broader question is how to maintain marital harmony while doing the things you want to do. That is also a question wherein the answer must fit your situations.

I can remember years and years of raising kids on a limited income and every expenditure had to go through the filter of justification, simply to make sure that the bills were paid and the kids had shoes and were properly fed. It's a hassle, but it builds character. Now that my kids are grown and gone, the wife and I have more disposable income than we've had in years past. I don't have any trouble justifying a purchase, normally don't even discuss a purchase with the wife, except to let her know that the UPS truck is going to drop a package.

At this stage of our relationship we've got our own checking accounts, our own income flowing in, and don't worry nearly so much about money as we did in the past. She doesn't count rifles, and I don't count shoes. I consider myself the luckiest man in the world.

Now, as to your ammo question. There is no doubt in my mind that I can build much better ammunition than I can buy. I can take advantage of sales to stockpile supplies, and I can obsess on quality control if I choose. Currently, my .308 ammo costs me about 35 cents per bang and it shoots very, very well.

http://pawpawshouse.blogspot.com

Page generated in 0.04721 seconds with 7 queries