While I am waiting for parts, I found some conveyor belt. I have removed the action cover and the L and R buttstock halves. Used some 36 grit sandpaper to rough up the pad mating surfaces. I cut up the belt larger than required and cleaned thoroughly. I mixed up some slow cure epoxy and put it on stock and rubber surfaces. I used stips of 3/8" plywood, put rubber belt material on stock, then strip of plywood on top to even out the pressure of the clamps and then applied clamps. Items will set for 24 hours, then I will remove them and trim the rubber to the stock configurations. I dont expect this to reduce the recoil by any degree, but it will give me a non skid surface.
No such thing as a stupid question. What is stupid is not asking it.