View Single Post
Old November 15, 2012, 10:13 PM   #5
Living in Washington, condensation corrosion in a vehicle is a major concern.

Over several years I've tried a number of corrosion inhibitors for firearms and some of my more costly tools/machines. Nothing is perfect, nothing works under any and all circumstances, but... this is what I've found with these products.
  • Boeshield. I worked for Boeing, so this was "free"... works well but leaves a waxy film. Great for non-working surface stuff.
  • Starrett M-1. This works well on bare steel tools machines and equipment, and dries completely.
  • Eezox. This has been around the gun world for quite some time and usually finishes in the top 2 or three products in testing. 6BR test. I have never tried the Corrosion X product as described in this test.
  • Tipton Rust Inhibitor Chips. I didn't have much faith in these when I bought them, so I tried them out first with low buck items. They work very well in a small storage box application. Die boxes, plastic gun boxes... toss a few in a gun box and you're good to go. Really... I'm still kinda surprised.
  • Inhibitor VCI corrosion products. This is what I've been using mostly for the past 2 years... or rather a combination of Eezox and VCI firearm bags. For "car guns" and "shop guns" - I clean the gun, apply Eezox to all parts inside and out, wipe off excess, drop firearm in a VCI bag... and away we go.
So that's it. Some of these products are easier to find at your LGS than others, most can be ordered via the interweb.
Shoulder Drive Nicholson Club
Page generated in 0.07488 seconds with 7 queries