View Single Post
Old November 15, 2012, 11:55 AM   #12
nate45

Quote:
Originally Posted by drail
Those are not loaded chamber "indicators". Those are what I call "assumptions". People have experienced NDs doing what you described. I have seen it happen. The only way you really "know" a chamber is empty is because you just looked in it. Distractions or the the possibilitity that someone else handled your gun can allow you to make a wrong "assumption". By making this a long ingrained habit you may even pick up someone else's gun and make one of your assumptions. While you may be able to do this I would never suggest it to anyone else who may not be as disciplined.
All of my handguns are loaded all the time. My little single action automatic system has little to do with safety and all to do with readiness.
I treat all firearms as if they are loaded all the time, I assume nothing.

RULE I: ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

RULE II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY

RULE III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

RULE IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDandy
That isn't obvious. The only thing that was obvious is you spent actually came up with a marker for Condition 2. I can't imagine any reason to ever be in condition two with anything but a snap-cap in the gun during dry-fire. There are people out there who (At least claim) to see no problem with Coindition two, would be fine carrying in condition two, and on and on. Those people worry me.

Carrying for instance a Beretta 951, Jetfire, a Model 71 like mine pictured, etc is/was often the preferred method of carry given their style of thumb safety combined with pocket carry, etc. Many safe, knowledgeable people carry/have carried one this way. The fact that you are unaware of that, or think its unsafe, speaks volumes.

Last edited by nate45; November 15, 2012 at 03:00 PM.

Page generated in 0.04787 seconds with 7 queries