View Single Post
Old November 12, 2012, 07:28 PM   #5
Sarge
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 12, 2002
Location: MO
Posts: 5,038
There are some cartridges that are simply cheaper to buy than they are to reload. For 60% of what I do with this cartridge, FMJ is fine and I can get Tula for five bucks a box. The other 40% of my uses are handled splendidly by Barnaul 125 grain SP at eight bucks locally. Wolf 154 grain SP was a favorite of mine but appears to have been discontinued, according to Midway. I see Herters is now making the 154, hopefully it's the same load.
__________________
“Nine-tenths of tactics are certain, and taught in books: but the irrational tenth is like the kingfisher flashing across the pool, and that is the test of generals. It can only be ensured by instinct, sharpened by thought practicing the stroke so often that at the crisis it is as natural as a reflex.” ~ T. E. Lawrence

Last edited by Sarge; November 12, 2012 at 08:26 PM.
Sarge is offline  
 
Page generated in 0.03595 seconds with 7 queries