View Single Post
Old November 12, 2012, 12:15 PM   #8
hornetguy

Quote:
And what happens when one of those down range projectiles strikes a target other than who you intended.
Agreed... there is that possibility. I don't know how this gun performs, but I've seen some targets shot with other multi-ball rounds, and at shorter (SD) distances, the spread between the two or three projectiles is usually not much.. an inch or two, if memory serves. This is the only reason I could see using a gun like this. Smaller shot sizes are likely to be more of an irritant than a deterrant, I think.
Personally, I would rather have and use a lightweight semi-auto .22 lr that holds at least 10 rounds. I know that I can keep all 10 rounds in the head area of a silhouette target at 7 yards, pulling the trigger about twice a second. I know that in a lethal encounter, most rules go out the window, but I think a flurry of .22 bullets might be pretty effective.

Of course, my first choice would be a 12 ga pump, seconded by a good 1911 style pistol... but that wasn't what this discussion was about.

Page generated in 0.06020 seconds with 7 queries