View Single Post
Old November 12, 2012, 08:27 AM   #3
hornetguy

I've tried to stay out of these conversations, but.. here goes.

While you may be correct about "more projectiles downrange", I always come back to the overall view of the weapon. In my opinion it is too large to be considered a viable SD kind of handgun. And this is strictly from my looking at them in stores and in print.... I've never shot one.
I agree that if you used a load with multiple single round balls, you could probably get pretty good accuracy with it at "gunfight distances". I think with smaller shot, you will probably get the rifling inspired donut shaped patterns, which may or may not be effective.
This gun reminds me a little bit of the Walker colt pistol... it was the most powerful pistol of its time, but it was just too big to carry around with you.. I believe it was designed to be carried on your horse, within easy reach, but certainly wasn't something most people would have tucked in their belts when "going to town"...
Again, these are just musings on my part, not intended to restart the whole offense/defense of these guns.

Page generated in 0.05199 seconds with 7 queries