View Single Post
Old November 12, 2012, 03:07 AM   #46
Rainbow Demon

I've read an article on triage of gunshot wounds during the korean war. The field surgeon who wrote the article told of evaluation of soldiers who'd been hit by bursts from the PPSH SMG.
He said (near as I can remember) these were almost always a line of five or six entry and exit wounds, straight through. He would determine if more than one vital organ had been penetrated, or if a single organ was penetrated more than once, if so the wounded man was left to die, since the time required to patch up multiple hits or hits to more than one vital organ could cost the life of a less seriously wounded man who should be on the table.
The angle of the line of entrance wounds was the deciding factor.

An uncle was hit by a single round from a burst from a PPSH in the bottom of the foot at the heel, the bullet exiting the top of the foot. He was of course running for his life at the time. The scars left by the wound were impressive, but he suffered no permanent disability and walked without a limp.

A truncated cone hollow point would be my choice if I wanted to use the 7.62X25 for self defense.

Only reason I've never owned a Tokarev chambered pistol is that every pistol in this caliber that I've fired hit way low for me. Possibly because the first centerfire auto pistol I owned was a 1911.
9mm pistols hit low as well, but not nearly as much.
I'm more comfortable with a revolver.

PS
I can remember the "Russian Icepick" monicker from many years ago, the 60's at least.
I haven't heard the term used for decades.

Last edited by Rainbow Demon; November 12, 2012 at 03:12 AM.

Page generated in 0.04388 seconds with 7 queries