View Single Post
Old November 11, 2012, 12:41 PM   #1
8MM Mauser

CZ-75B: Decocker or Safety

Thinking about purchasing this gun in the near-to-kind of-near future, love the fact that it's all steel, and I love the ergos, plus, after reading 12+ reviews from various sources the only knock against I've heard at all is that some of the internal parts aren't as smooth as they could be, but this bothers me exactly not-at-all.

Now, my question is: Decocker or safety? From My understanding; the "Standard" model, with a safety, can be carried hammer down, safety off and used like a standard DA/SA gun; or it can be carried "cocked and locked" with the hammer cocked and the safety on and used as a pure SA gun, and that additionally the safety can only be tuned on when the hammer is cocked, necessitating condition 1 carry.. First off, this is correct right?

Second, I have to wonder what the advantage is to either the pure SA model and the decocker model. If I can use the 75B as a DA/SA or a SA why limit myself with one or the other?

Any other info about this pistol is appreciated as well. I am going to try and get some solid range time on different models before I commit to a purchase, but any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Page generated in 0.04384 seconds with 7 queries