View Single Post
Old November 9, 2012, 02:29 PM   #4
Crow Hunter

If someone would make a rifle that wasn't a HB monstrosity, I would love to have one.

But most of them have full length Heavy Barrels that make the rifle nearly as heavy as a M1A or AR-10. If I am going to lug/swing around that much weight, I would just as soon have a bigger boom.

I used to have a A2 rifle and empty it was nearly as heavy as the M1A that I had and it was actually more nose heavy. The M1A was better balanced.

I have also grown accustomed to having an adjustable stock. It makes it much easier to keep the same eye relief. I have a Colt 6724 that has a A2 stock on it. I have the magnified optic (1998 vintage Leupold Vari-X III 4.5 X14) set so that I have the right eye relief at 14X from prone, but moving to sitting/standing/heavy clothing I have to move my head back or crane by neck forward at times.

I have other rifles with magnified optics and collapsible stocks and it is much easier to just adjust the stock.

I wish Colt would produce some M16A3/4 type rifles for civilian purchase instead of just HB Match Target rifles.

Are you listening Colt?

Good luck.

Page generated in 0.04444 seconds with 7 queries