Old November 9, 2012, 02:05 PM   #130
Gaerek

No offense, but...

Quote:
but I will never tell you that you are WRONG
but before that, you said...

Quote:
Guys, NONE of you are correct
I understand where you're coming from, and I understand what you're saying, but this is a discussion forum. If there weren't disagreements, there's be no point in posting. I said what I said because I believe if you think you're safe in your home, you are plain wrong. You can be attacked anywhere, and your home happens to be where all of your valuables and family members are. Bad people want your stuff. This is a fact.

I have fire extinguishers in almost every room in my house. Many would say this is paranoid. I call it smart. Why? Because I don't know where a fire will start. Statistically speaking, it will happen in the kitchen, if it happens at all. But it can (and does, every day!) happen in any room in the house. I don't want to be caught in my bedroom with fire between me and the door, with the fire extinguisher in the kitchen. It's not burdensome to have a fire extinguisher in every room.

In the same way, it's not burdensome for me to have a gun on me in the house. I have several different holsters that lend themselves to different attire. In the same way, I don't know where or when I'll be attacked. I don't want to be lounging in my recliner, with my gun sitting in the safe in my closet when a bad guy decides to do something stupid. It does me no good there. I'm sitting at my computer right now with my G19 attached to my hip. I've got 15 rounds in the magazine and 1 in the chamber. On my other hip, I have 2, 17 round magazines fully loaded. I'm carrying with me, 50 rounds of 124gr Golden Saber JHP. Am I paranoid? I don't think so. I don't believe someone is going to break in today, or tomorrow, or in the next year for that matter. But I certainly don't want to be wrong in my belief either.

Again, don't try to stifle discussion simply because you perceive conflict. My comment...

Quote:
Please tell me where this magical crime/violence free place you live is, so I can move there.
...was intended to provoke thought. It was intended to try to sway some people to my point of view (and lets be honest, that's the point of discussion!!). If you are fine being disarmed in your house, then that's good for you. But it's not good for me. (Bolded text is key here.)

You disagree with me here, and that's cool. But you keep repeating how you like to carry. You are doing exactly what you're trying to tell others not to do. I'm telling you what I do. If you weren't in the interest of either swaying people to carrying the way you do, or asking for critique on the way you're carrying, what is the point of even posting? I'm not interested in your setup, if you're not giving me a good reason to change to your way, or if I can help you in some way. If either of those cases aren't true, then your posts on how you carry are absolutely, 100% pointless.

Quote:
That is MY PERSONAL setup. I dont care what anyone says here to try to persuade me otherwise. You all need to respect everyone else who doesnt agree with carrying 100% 24/7.
Same goes with you, dude. You need to respect those that have a differing opinion to you. And the fact that you keep posting, and giving your opinion, and telling those that disagree with you that we need to stop or something shows me you aren't. It's like people who say I need to be tolerant. Well, the fact that you're saying I'm intolerant is making you intolerant. This is a discussion forum, and discussion and disagreements will occur. Don't get worked up about it.

For the record, I live in a low crime area. I think there's been two break-ins since this community was built 6 years ago. I live near Tucson (well, about 20 miles away) and there's a lot of crime there, but not here. But I don't like to take chances, especially with my life, the life of my wife, the life of my 3.5 year old and the life of my 7 month old.

Page generated in 0.03986 seconds with 7 queries