View Single Post
Old November 9, 2012, 12:35 AM   #90
Webley, in response to your question
Did anyone here ever stop to consider that the best gun for one person might not be the best gun for another?
I'll quote myself from post #53 of this thread:

Shooting with formal stances and two-handed holds, I am faster with a 9mm. Through experimentation with one-handed shooting while moving or somewhat off-balance, I do better with the 1911. Since I believe in planning based more on worst case than on best case (hey, it's better when surprises are pleasant, isn't it?), I think it's important to be able to shoot with one hand, and whichever hand is still functional or not otherwise occupied.

I shoot K frames about equally well, but have more rounds and faster reloads with the 1911.

So, my points?

1) Don't assume that people who like a capacity advantage are necessarily poor shots.

2) Don't assume that people who like a capacity advantage believe in spray and pray.

3) Don't assume that people who like capacity, consider capacity alone to be a deciding factor.

4) Choosing the right handgun and carry package should involve more than just comparing relative capacity; but, capacity is still a factor that should be considered.
So, yes, the concept has been broached.
Page generated in 0.07072 seconds with 7 queries