View Single Post
Old November 9, 2012, 12:35 AM   #90
MLeake

Webley, in response to your question
Quote:
Did anyone here ever stop to consider that the best gun for one person might not be the best gun for another?
I'll quote myself from post #53 of this thread:

Quote:
Shooting with formal stances and two-handed holds, I am faster with a 9mm. Through experimentation with one-handed shooting while moving or somewhat off-balance, I do better with the 1911. Since I believe in planning based more on worst case than on best case (hey, it's better when surprises are pleasant, isn't it?), I think it's important to be able to shoot with one hand, and whichever hand is still functional or not otherwise occupied.

I shoot K frames about equally well, but have more rounds and faster reloads with the 1911.

So, my points?

1) Don't assume that people who like a capacity advantage are necessarily poor shots.

2) Don't assume that people who like a capacity advantage believe in spray and pray.

3) Don't assume that people who like capacity, consider capacity alone to be a deciding factor.

4) Choosing the right handgun and carry package should involve more than just comparing relative capacity; but, capacity is still a factor that should be considered.
So, yes, the concept has been broached.

Page generated in 0.04590 seconds with 7 queries