View Single Post
Old November 8, 2012, 10:40 PM   #6
Metal god

Im kinda new to this uber accurate shooting . I would think it depends on What kind of accuracy you are expecting and or going for . Now for me if im checking what ammo works best in one of my ARs , 10/22 , model 60 and all Im using is the cheeper factory stuff . I don't care to clean anything or to really keep detailed notes on the ammo . I can pretty much tell whats working best just by looking at the targets .

Now If I'm checking to see what works in one of my bolt guns and Im using high dollar stuff and expecting most of the ammo to be sub MOA . I may clean the barrel with a bore snake shoot a couple fouling shots and then shoot a few 5 shot groups . Keeping detailed notes of POA to POI as will as exact group size .

I guess my point is if you using cheeper ammo and just looking for the best general ammo . I would not sweat the small stuff . If your looking to see what's going to be uber accurate it will take a litte more time and effort .
As of this date 8-18-14 at 6:42am I became a proud grandfather I guess I'm officially old

Page generated in 0.05560 seconds with 7 queries