View Single Post
Old November 8, 2012, 06:59 PM   #84
Gaucho Gringo

As to General Robert E. Lee he had not been trained as front line in charge war officer. The Mexican War was the only combat he saw up until the Civil War. He was a Combat Engineer and taught at West Point for many years. Only upon accepting the commission in the Confederate Army was he actually a front line battle officer. His only training in combat tactics was what every other West Point student received. It is to his credit that he used his training and native abilities to the maximum detriment of the Union Army for the first 2 1\2 years of the war. It is really too bad he didn't stay in the Union Army, he truly lost every he had by joining the Confederate cause. I think his ancestors who fought in the Revolutionary War were rolling over in their graves over his decision. I admire the man, I just can't help to think he got the biggest decision of his life wrong and for that he paid the price for it.
.357 Taurus Gaucho, .22 Heritage RR, 2-Pietta 1858 .44 NMA Remingtons, Euroarms & ASM .36 1851 Navies, .31 Uberti Baby Dragoon, 12 ga H&R Topper, 16 Ga Western Field, .43 Spanish Remington Rolling Block, .44 ASM Colt Walker, High Point C9 9mm, Winchester 1906 .22, Rossi 62 .22 rifle, Uberti 1860 and IJ .32 S&W BreakTop, .36 Euroarms 1858, .32 S&W long H&R

Page generated in 0.04584 seconds with 7 queries