View Single Post
Old November 8, 2012, 01:18 PM   #10
BigJimP

I shoot a lot ....4 - 6 boxes of metallic a week / call it 300 rds and 150 shotshells a week....so 15,000 cartridges a yr / 7,500 or so shotshells a yr...its a primary hobby for me...

because I reload my metallic ammo( with a premium bullet from Montana Gold ) -- 9mm is around $5 a box ---.357 mag ammo is around $8 a box ...so call it $45 a week for handgun ammo....and
$ 24 a week for shotshells - so say, $70 a week...for my ammo budget using my reloads..../ where that same $ 70 ...would only buy half as much ammo retail ....maybe less.

None of us that reload - really save money / we just shoot more on the same ammo budget. Time isn't a factor on a good progressive press....I loaded 250 rds of .357 mag on my press this morning, listening to the radio, in less than 20 min....

Reloading to me, is another primary part of the gun hobby ...and I'd reload even if the savings were a push. I like to reload .....I like tailoring my ammo to what I want it to do ....velocity, the grain of bullet ...the amout of shot, the velocity in a shell....etc..../ and I know I can reload a much higher quality round than I can buy at the lowest retail level....

so its fun to reload...
I shoot more...
I have better ammo ..and better shells...
I can tailor my ammo - to what I want it to do / sometimes my retail options are limited in what I can buy....

Page generated in 0.04276 seconds with 7 queries