View Single Post
Old November 7, 2012, 05:51 PM   #26
PH/CIB

Having a hammer snag on a draw in a self defense scenario could ruin your whole day.

I only have two revolvers, a Smith and Wesson 638 Bodyguard snub nosed revolver that has a shrouded hammer and can be shot either double action or single action and is snag free.

My other revolver is a Ruger SP101 snub nose in 38/357 Magnum and I did bob the hammer on that one, did not affect reliability one bit and I can still shoot it single action if I want to, at the range with the handgun safely pointed downrange at the target, I pull the trigger back just enough to bring the hammer back where I can get my finger on my weak hand between the hammer and the frame and then pull the hammer back until it is fully cocked.

I shoot double action mostly, in a defensive situation you will probably only run double action, however it is nice to have and practice single action.
Life Member,,,Military Order of the Purple Heart, Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, Amvets, Disabled American Veterans, 173rd Airborne Skysoldier Association, National Rifle Association, Member,,,IDPA, USPSA, Iowa Sheriffs and Deputies Association,,Website http://www.handgunholsters.net

Page generated in 0.04610 seconds with 7 queries